With forwarders set up, any emails sent to the account will be automatically forwarded to the specified addresses (which may be any valid address). Copies of the email can optionally be kept in the existing mailbox if required.
A forwarder can be defined for an existing mailbox in the control panel, or for an email addresses in the domain that has no actual mailbox. (This is useful if the email address being forwarded from will never be accessed using email software or webmail).
Steps to Add a Forwarder for an Existing Mailbox
- When you are logged into the Control Panel click Email in the left menu.
- Select the email domain the mailbox exists in.
- Click on the mailbox you would like to add the forwarder to, to bring up the manage mailbox page.
- Click on the Add Forward button in the top right.
- Type the full email address you would like to forward to.
- Click Add Forwarder to save the forwarder address.
You can modify whether emails are stored in this mailbox too by going to the Forwarding navigation tab in the manage Mailbox page and selecting Keep a copy in the inbox before clicking Save Changes.
Steps to Add a Forwarder Without a Mailbox
- Navigate to the Email module of the Control Panel.
- Select the domain you would like to add a forwarder to.
- Click the Add Forwarder button in the top right of the page.
- Fill in the email address that you want to forward (just type the part before @example.co.nz).
- Fill in the "Forward to" address. This is the full email address where you would like the messages to be forwarded to.
- Click Add forwarder to save the forwarder.