Reverse DNS is the determination of a domain name that is associated with a given IP address using the Domain Name Service (DNS). Reverse DNS uses PTR records (Pointer Records) and is the inverse of forward DNS which is used to translate hostnames to IP addresses using A & AAAA records (Address Records).
Steps to Configure Reverse DNS
- Click the DNS Zones module from the left menu.
- Click the Reverse DNS sub-module on the left menu.
- Select the IP address you wish to configure reverse DNS for.
- Set the reverse DNS entry as required. (eg. example.co.nz or 123.example.co.nz)
- Click the Save Changes button.