Resetting Windows Administrator Password
Follow these steps to reset your Windows server password:
- Put your Windows VPS into Rescue Mode.
- Open the Server Console (refer to this article for help with accessing your server).
- Follow the prompts as they appear until you get to the "System Recovery Options" screen. Then click "Next >" (see screenshot).
- Select "Microsoft Diagnostics & Recovery Toolset" (see screenshot).
- Select "Locksmith" (see screenshot).
- Select "Next >" (see screenshot).
- Enter your new Administrator password and click "Next >" (see screenshot). Note: The password you set here is only temporary - you will be prompted to change the password again when you next successfully login to your server.
- Now click "Finish", then "Close" the Diagnostics & Recovery Toolset window and "Shut Down" your VPS (see screenshot).
- Close the VPS Console and Disable Rescue Mode. Your Windows VPS will boot. Open the VPS Console again.
- Login to your VPS using the password you set. You will now be prompted to enter a new password (see screenshot).