IP Addresses on Windows
To configure a new IP address on a Windows Server, you will first need to log in as the Administrator user via the Server Console or Remote Desktop (RDP). Once you have logged into the server as the Administrator user, open the Network Connections control panel by running
ncpa.cpl in the command prompt and follow these steps.
- In the Network Connections control panel, right-click the appropriate network adapter and open its properties
- In the connection properties, select 'TCP/IPv4' or 'TCP/IPv6' from the list and click 'Properties'
- In the properties dialog, click the 'Advanced' button
- Under the 'IP addresses' section, click the 'Add...' button
- If adding an IPv4 address, you will need to specify the address and subnet mask
- Otherwise if adding an IPv6 address, you will need to specify the address and the subnet prefix mask
- Click the 'Add' button and save changes by clicking 'OK' on each previous dialog window.