Transferring Domains to SiteHost
Use this functionality to transfer a single domain from another registrar to SiteHost and take advantage of SiteHost's domain management tools and surrounding services. This process can be used for both NZ and International domains.
NZ Domain Transfers
You do not need to involve your old registrar in the transfer process, provided you know the UDAI (Unique Domain Authentication ID) for your domain name. If you don't have the UDAI, your old registrar is obliged to make it available to you promptly upon request and without charge.
You cannot transfer a domain during the first five days after your domain was registered.
If your domain is about to expire within 21 days of the requested transfer, SiteHost adds a renewal fee to auto-renew the domain for an extra month.
International Domain Transfers
International domains must be renewed for 12 months when transferred. This adds an additional 12 months onto the current domain renewal date.
The following International domains may be transferred at this time: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .cc, .tv
Bulk Domain Transfer
SiteHost also offer Bulk Transfer services to migrate .nz only domains to our Control Panel. And it's free. To use this service please send a support request to email@example.com.
Steps to Transfer a Domain
Follow these steps to transfer a single domain:
- Click the "Transfer" button on the top row of buttons. (see Figure 1)
- Enter the domain name you wish to transfer (e.g. example.co.nz) and the UDAI or Auth code.
- Then click 'Next'.
- Confirm that all the details are correct - the domain, the UDAI/Auth code and the renewal period if applicable. If transferring an International domain you will be asked to confirm a Registrant, Billing Contact and Technical Contact as well.(See Figure 2)
- You can also change the Name Servers for the domain being transfered.
- Confirm that "I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions".
- Click the "Transfer domain" button.
A NZ domain transfer is typically processed immediately. An International domain can take up to 5 days to process and involves additional steps that must be actioned by the registrant.