Auto-Renewing a Domain Name
If you don't want to manually renew your domains, you can set them up to be renewed automatically.
Setup auto-renew for a domain
It is very simple to set up auto-renewal for a domain:
- In the list of Domains, click the "On" button in the Auto-Renew column for the domain you wish to have renewed automatically
- Auto-renewal is now set up for your domain. By default, the domain will be renewed for 12 months, 60 days before expiration
Important: Please ensure that you have sufficient credit in your account at the time of the auto-renewal or it will not proceed. You will be notified if the auto-renewal cannot take place due to insufficient funds, in which case, you should top up your account asap so the auto-renewal can be processed again the following day.
Customise auto-renew settings for a domain
If you would like to customise the auto-renew settings for a single domain, you may follow these steps:
- In the list of Domains, click the domain you wish to customise
- Click the "Auto-renew settings" option
- Select how long you would like the domain to be renewed for, and when it should be renewed (See Figure 2)
- Click the "Save changes" button
Change auto-renew default settings
You are able to change the default of renew for 12 months, 60 days before expiration. Keep in mind though, that changing the defaults does not change the existing auto-renewal settings per domain. So if you have a domain that is set to renew for 2 years, 30 days before expiration, then you change the defaults, the domain will still be renewed for 2 years, 30 days before expiration.
Follow these steps to change the default auto-renewal settings:
Under "My Account", click on the "Account Preferences" setting
At the bottom of the page are the default auto-renewal settings. Choose your desired options
Press the "Update preferences" button to save your changes
Remember, this will not affect the domains that are already set to auto-renew
Please note that if the domain is set to be auto-renewed you will not receive any reminder emails.
Turn off Domain Renewal Confirmation Emails
You can optionally disable email confirmations when a domain is renewed. This will not affect emails sent when a new domain is registered - only emails sent when renewing an existing domain are affected.
To disable Renewal Confirmation Emails:
- Login to the SiteHost Control Panel
- Click on the "My Account" module
- Click on the "Account Preferences" link
- At the bottom of the "Variables for domain name emails" screen you will see a setting "After renewal" - change this to "Do not send an email after renewal" to disable the emails